4 Mai Daughter Down

You know how this rolls:

The LN series was licensed => I be removing it.

Enjoy the legally translated glory on J-novel's site!

Comments

God Ginrai / 9 May 2017 3:40
I think the term "glory" should be reserved for when a company that will actually publish physical copies licenses a series.  The only thing I feel when J-novel licenses something is despair... -_-'
swhp / 9 May 2017 13:38
This is just my opinion, or since J-Novel is also active following some fan translations maybe you can expect more and more fan translations light novel to be licensed by J-Novel (dunno if this will be a good or bad news).
Just curious, is J-Novel translations quality is good?
God Ginrai / 10 May 2017 3:47
It would be good news if their cease-and-desist emails were backed by an intention to publish an actual physical copy of the series.  Sadly, that is not the case.
Irina_Akashira / 10 May 2017 20:29
Your website, your route

Anyway, you should considerate that the licensed material is the light novel version

Legally, it doesn't affect the web novel version
Also, I consider good has avaiable both materials, so the people can compare them
Armaell / 11 May 2017 7:52
Hi Irina,

This is a matter that have been debated, sadly without an international lawman. Now that was too long ago and I don't remember all the arguments, in the end it have been decided to lean on the prudish side, a LN licensed means its WN removed too.

This is also a way to promote the LN's (if I was still keeping them updated)
God Ginrai / 11 May 2017 20:07
You don't understand J-Novel.  They  have previously threatened Japtem with the fact that they have the ability to contact the author so that the author could send a C&D even if you were translating the WN.  I'm sure they likely make this threat to anyone who points out that they are not translating the LNs.
God Ginrai / 11 May 2017 20:08
^ This was in response to Irina.  Didn't realize it would look like a reply to Armael.
Nephery / 19 May 2017 0:47
Its not all the surprising really. More often than not, many light novels are just direct copy pastes from their WN-counterparts with very minor edits.
God Ginrai / 19 May 2017 2:24
I don't disagree, but for a company who is not providing value for our dollar by providing actual print versions of the light novels they are translating, it's a pretty scumbag thing to do.

As you pointed out, many light novels are just a physical publication (that can additionally have digital copies) of their respective web novels, with minor edits and chapter reshuffling/merging.  The fact that they license it, fully intending to publish nothing, while sending C&D's for free online translations of a free online novel is just ridiculous.
goo21 / 24 May 2017 11:21
I couldn't care less about printed copies but I do agree about "C&D's for free online translations of a free online novel is just ridiculous"

New comment